My name is Esther Greenberg, Licensed Massage Therapist and Reiki Practitioner. I provide professional massages to women who need nurturing, a caring hand, pain relief, and want to make a change in their life in a holistic way. I'm a mindful massage therapist that creates a safe environment so you can start your journey to healing in my care. Muscles and tendon will be worked organically and intuitively, within your comfort level and your permission at all times. You will feel lighter, more flexible and less stressed. Let me help you to live a fuller, better, pain-free life.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Phone number, call or text: 856-577-7229
Below a list of issues that can be addressed with massage;
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder pain, frozen shoulder
- Lower Back Pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Depression, Anxiety and Insomnia
- Numbness, Cramping and Tingling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Circulatory Problems
- Injuries due to accidents such as Whiplash
Contact me today and start "investing" in your own health and recovery, let me try and assist you to bring your body back to homeostasis, work trigger points (knots) to relieve you from pain, chronic pain, stress and anxiety associated with pain, so you can start leading a happier, healthier life!!
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number, call or text: 856-577-7229
Massage Modalities I Can Provide For You:
- Swedish Massage
- Deep Tissue/Deep Pressure Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Stretching/Thai movements
- Elderly Massage
- Maternity/Prenatal Massage
What Are Some Of The Benefits of Massage:
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Helps to reduce neck pain, back pain and pain caused by "trigger points" or knots
- Encourages relaxation
- Strengthens/Boosts the immune system
- Improves circulation and blood flow
- Helps improve sleep patterns
- Eliminates waste products through the lymphatic and circulatory system, combating fatigue
- Relaxes muscles and improves muscle tone
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
- Reduces stiffness
- Relieves tension related to headaches
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Enhances post-operative rehabilitation
Esther's Essential Therapeutic Services LLC is fully insured.
Interesting studies below:
Massage Boosts Your Immune System, New Study Finds.
RODALE NEWS, PA—The benefits of massage are immediately obvious to anyone who's had one. A massage session calms you down, eases your anxieties, and even helps you sleep at night. Now a new study, funded by the government's National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine, finds that those sessions may help you ward off diseases, too.
WHAT IT MEANS: A single massage could help boost your immune system and help you better cope with stress, even if you're not sick or stressed out. "I'm really intrigued by our findings," says Mark Hyman Rapaport, MD, professor and chairman of the department of psychiatry and behavioral neurosciences at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, who adds that he was an "incredible skeptic" about the benefits of massage therapy before doing this study. "I always wondered, what does it do that so many people claim to feel better afterwards?" he says. "We're finding that biological changes do occur as a result of even a single session of massage, and that these changes may benefit even a healthy individual."
Massage Eases Tension Headaches
This not-so-surprising news comes from Spain's University of Granada, where researchers found that a 30-minute massage could relieve tension headaches, as well as reduce associated stress and anxiety. The type of massage tested by the Spanish investigators targeted cervical trigger points, which are believed to be one of the main contributors to tension headaches.
The trigger point massage apparently works by improving autonomic nervous system regulation, the researchers said. Within 24 hours of the massage, patients reported significant relief from headache pain, less stress and reduced anxiety. The research team suggested that massage might directly reduce pain caused by trigger points, which would explain both the physical and psychological improvements seen.
Previous studies have found that massage can relieve chronic back pain, lessen the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, reduce headache frequency, relieve arthritis pain, reduce blood pressure, and improve immune function among other benefits. Overall, massage has proven efficacy for reducing pain, anxiety, stress, and depression in patients with a wide range of medical problems.
Weight Loss Benefits of Massage:
There is no question that having a massage makes you feel great. Even having a deep-tissue, sports massage makes you feel wonderful afterwards. Massage can relieve stress, help you recover from hard physical activity or injury and even reduce anxiety, but can it help you to achieve your weight loss goals?
Research shows that massage can have a positive effect on your muscle-building capabilities and fitness levels, which in turn increases your capacity to control or loose weight.
Healthy strong muscles burn calories and give you the freedom to participate in all sorts of sports and activities that can help you burn excess calories and improve your overall fitness and well-being.
Massage has the following benefits that can directly influence your ability to control or loose weight:
1. Massage has been shown to improve circulation and the supply of nutrition to the muscles. Massage increases the interchange of vital substances between the blood and tissue cells, which increases tissue metabolism. After muscles are exercised, vital nutrients must be supplied to them so that they can recover and rebuild themselves. Massage maximizes the supply of these nutrients and oxygen though increased blood flow, which helps the muscles to grow and burn more calories as a result.
2. Massage improves your muscles' range of motion and their flexibility. This allows them to maintain maximum power and performance while active, and burn the maximum number of calories in the process.
Improved range of motion and flexibility also reduces muscle soreness during periods of recovery and muscle repair.
Having a wide range of motion and maximum muscle flexibility also reduces the danger of experiencing injuries during exercise which can severely limit activity, exercise and weight loss progress.
3. Massage helps to shorten the recovery time needed between your workouts. Waste products such as lactic and carbonic acid build up in muscles during and after exercise. Increased circulation to these muscles helps to eliminate toxic debris buildup caused by these waste products and in doing so shorten recovery time.
Shortened recovery time means you can safely have more workouts over a given period of time, which in turn means that you have the opportunity to burn more total calories in your effort to achieve your individual weight loss goals.
4. Massage can also help reduce the chance of you over-training. Massage has a relaxing effect on the muscles and a sedative effect on the nervous system. By helping you to rest, which is a very important element of any exercise program, massage can reduce the likelihood of you experiencing over-training syndrome, which is known to limit your ability to build strong healthy muscles and therefore loose weight with maximum efficiency.
5. In addition to all of the above, massage may directly aid in fat loss. According to some research studies, massage is thought to be able to burst the fat capsule in subcutaneous tissue so that the fat exudes and becomes absorbed. In this way, combined with proper nutrition and exercise, massage may actually help in weight loss.
So there you have it. Massage has a lot of benefits that can indirectly and possibly even directly aid you in achieving your weight loss goals.
Regular massage is just as important a component as regular workouts and correct nutrition in any comprehensive fitness and weight loss program, which is great news for those of us who thought that exercising and loosing weight was all hard work! Remember, weight loss is all about leading a balanced lifestyle and massage is an essential part of any balanced lifestyle.